Monday, December 22, 2014

Our backyard patio project

We wanted too add a maintenance free welcome feature to our backyard so my husband and I decided on a stone patio and matching walkway. Excited about our new project, I understood that building a stone walkway doesn't exactly take tip-top handyman skills. The natural stone's free form design gives you room to be creative. You don't have to cut and fit precise pieces.  Our design goal was to have a patio sitting area to enjoy with our friends, family and neighbors.














I knew that this project was going to take a devoted amount of time and energy so we cleared our schedule for the next few weekends. Luckily, my husband recruited an ambitious crew of teenage children and friends to start removing grass, dirt and gravel. If not, it probably would have taken us all winter.

During the week, I called multiple businesses to search for natural stone choices.  I knew that I wanted to use natural stone because of it's durability. Natural stone has been tried and tested throughout history.  Multiple neighbors, family and friends suggested natural thin stone veneer so after close consideration, I decided to search for natural thin stone veneer. Why, you ask? There were many reasons. It's as durable as the other stone options, long-lasting, abundant in quantity and design friendly.

The cost was also significantly less for thin stone veneer while all the other quality and design factors remained the same. So, why would I have payed more when I could pay less?  There are multiple natural hues and colors and different design patterns including like Chateau, Sonoma and Tuscany. You don't have to worry about cutting and fitting lots of pieces so I decided on a color and style I love, white Chateau.
White Chateau Pattern


My friend had told me about Salado Quarry.  It is an award winning stone supplier located in Salado,Texas with great prices and quality stone so I decided to visit.  Salado Quarry was so helpful.   They have been a large player in their local community so I was able to see some of their previous stone projects which helped my make my final design choices. Even better, I was impressed by their business organization, packaging and presentation.


Salado Quarry delivered our beautiful stone in perfect time and in excellent condition.  We could not be happier with out outdoor patio and walkway.  We inspired the kids to be more proactive and creative. We taught them a little about real estate investing and the importance of communication and research.  We were able to spend quality time with them and complete a family project that will live in our hearts even after they are grown.



No comments:

Post a Comment